Thursday, July 04, 2013

Concerts I Have Attended

Not that much...but I cherised them all :')

My first concert is Linkin Park Meteora Tour in Ancol. I was in 3rd year high school.
since I started living away from my family (they're in Paris, me in Depok, long story) I usually spent my weekend with my uncle. He's not married yet so he's either work or having fun. He loves movie, music, and food. So attending concerts in one of is usual.

I remember he call me and he said, "let's go watch today" / "hari ini kita pergi nonton ya". I thought we're going to watch a movie. Then he said "bring your hat" I was like...ummm...why? Then I remember, today is linkin park concert. Is it...possible...
"Loh kita mau nonton Linkin Park"
Hwaaaarrghhh!! (I really did screamed)
It was amazing, eventho I'm not in the crowd, but in the empty vip area beside the crowd, it's still amazing!!

And since then I'm sold. I started to go to concerts whenever I can.

Next is Coldplay, the X&Y album tour. Also my first trip to Singapore.
So many memories about this concert...
the concert was great!! I remember the bulb won't turn on so Chris have to sing Yellow without the bulb, the gigantic yellow balloon full of confetti (which turn out to be Singapore Indoor Stadium signature event), and Chris run to my section and sing from there. In the middle of the crowd. If that happened in Indonesia, he probably won't come out with his clothes intact.

What make this the most memorable concert was also because the random memories.
The day before the concert is the World Cup Final 2006 where Zidane headbutted Materazzi. The day after the concert is my Calculus final exam, and I failed it. It was also the time of Rihanna's Umbrella. The song was literally everywhere, My weekend was full of it. Bandung-Jakarta-Singapore ; in angkot, in travel, in airport, in mall, in shops, in hotel, in MRT, in the street, in grocery store, frikking everywhere.
Then SUM 41!! I loove love loveee this band and soooo glad I came, I got first row and even got Cone's bass pick! This is my first concert in festival. I remember being pushed around and thinking I don't wanna die here! LOL, what a noob. And my bag got knifed, one of my phone stolen. Thankfully wallet and other phone is fine. Since this, I only bring ID-money-phone when going festivals. Experience is the best teacher :D

Jamiroquai - he's so great live! It's like a giant party...I have a very long post in this blog about this concert. That said much. My disappointment is unable to sneak in my camera (when lots of people clearly could) and Jamiroquai didn't wear the Indian headdress. But other than that, ggrreeeaaatt!!

Muse - the sound system was not that great but the visual is awesome, and they're already cool. So, not that bad...but not that special either.

I remember the trip more than I remember the concert. The concert was in February, one day in Sept/Oct/Nov the year before, I woke up to a text my dad sent me and my brother "we'll go to Singapore in Feb next year to watch Muse, please clear your schedule" DUH, like you have to ask? It was a great surprise, which is a BIG thing since my dad is very cool and don't go for surprises, and birthday, or any custom other people used to have. It was also first time we go somewhere new, together, all four of us. After six years of living apart so all the holiday we have, we use to visit each other or family.

Temper Trap - perfect in terms of sound. PERFECT. It's like consecutive orgasm (or you can say eargasm) for two hours. I still can remember wondering how can my ear hear everything so clearly. Definitely gonna buy the DVD if only the sell it. And the shirt I bought is soo comfortable. My favorite T-shirt.

This joint concert by Java: The Maine, FTSK, and Hellogoodbye.
I came for The Maine and Hellogoodbye, end up liking FTSK, Hellogoodbye was FREAKINGFUN, and The Maine was soo goood, and the bonus is I got signed Patrick's drum stick.YEAP. One of best concert I attend in term of euforia.

Dreamtheater - Not my cup of tea, just wanna see the legend before they completely disband, and accompanying my dad and my uncle. And the sound system suck, can't even hear the bass. Poor John Myung...

Owl City - I love.love.love his music, i don't get to go to the first concert because the next day is my graduation, so the next year when I got the chance I go. Even if I have to go alone. And I did. And if I have to do it again, I will still go alone than not at all. It's huge, since I usually I'd rather not attend than have to attend alone. Especially if I have to watch it with lots of elementary school girls who have waay better style than me (i.e: crop jeans jacket over white dress, silver sequined loafer, and leopard printed shawl)

No comments: