Monday, May 14, 2012

My Day in Detail

So move on to day 3 (which actually a day 4...), the continuation of this project,

At 7 Dad woke me up because we have to go to the market, at first I was like "who go to the market at this hour? The store's not even open yet and I still need my blanket :(" but it turns out that today is Mom's asthma aerobic day in the hospital. It starts at 7.30 so we went, drop Mom, and went to the market.

It was 8 a.m at the market , we're hungry and our porridge diner is not even open. The store where we buy our water is not open either. So we have to go to the fish market with empty water gallon along. Yes, it look ridiculous, especially in the busy-narrow-fish market. I kept poking on people and they gave me the "why the hell you bring that big thing here?" look. Anyway, we bought 1 Milkfish for the week's stock and 2 kilos of Blue Crabs for lunch. Yummm....

oh, I also saw a king prawn. It's even bigger than my neighbour's tiny dog seriouslyy...and I saw a nasty looking fish that look like a piranha. Even dead they look scary...

After fish, we bought fruits. Oranges and Grapes. Then we went to our regular vegetable vendor, only to buy ginger (later will be used to cook the Blue Crabs) because we still have vegetables stock in home. Finish with our market round, we went to the store where we buy our water and it's still not open! Luckily the porridge vendor is, so we ate there. Hurraayyy!! From breakfast to shopping again, this time is non-traditional market things like bread, snacks, and water. After done with shopping, we back to the hospital to pick up mom, who's not finish yet. So we go back home.

After organizing all the groceries, I did Blue Crabs cooking preps. Clean the blue crabs and ginger. Dad did the rest, hahah :D. Picking lemongrass, cutting them, crush the ginger, putting lime leafs, prep water to steam, even pick the boiler. Yes, he's the cook in the family :) Finish with the kitchen, I take a bath (again) to get rid of the smell (ugh), change my clothes, so I can do my snacking and playing and browsing in the sofa :D

Not long, I have to go out (again) to drop Mom to her friend's house...her son passed away and Mom came to pay her respect. (In the middle of cooking prep Mom called us to pick her up, so dad went and picked her. In case you're wondering the flow) After that we made a detour to buy gado-gado and es kelapa. After Dzuhur we ate that with Mom (her other friend who also came to pay respect drop Mom at home) we decide to eat the Blue Crabs for dinner.

I spent my evening with organizing my dad bookshelf, so I can put my books on the bookshelf. After happily saw my book displayed neatly in the shelf (oh finallyyy, you guys are where you supposed to be; proudly displayed, not hidden in boxes!), I bake peanut butter cookies. I already have the dough, all I have to do is took a small ball and flatten it in the cookie sheet. All done in 30 minutes.

After Isya and after F1 Barcelona started, we ate dinner (steamed Blue Crabs) and es kelapa as dessert. I took care of the washdishing, then happily play in my room. Until, the EPL started. I ended up watching the games because Dad kept coming to my room talking about the game (since he can't do that to Mom, who's when playing computer game, nobody could interfere) so I go out to the living room and watched with him.

Good thing I watched it, because it turn out to be such a great drama between United and City :D !!! It's even more thrilling because my twitter's timeline is full with football fans not only with EPL fans who had eight (or was that nine?) matches in the same time, but also with Milan and Juve fans where lot of senior players played for the last time in two different matches. It's a football craze night! The emotions are hiiighhh....

When it is confirmed I can go back to my room, I remember this post I supposed to write...so here I am. Damn it's an essay...oh well, it's a day in detail. Good thing I had a slow day, huh?

No comments: